First American
Immigration Center

Our Services

U.S. Citizenship

Naturalization, Citizenship Through Parents Or Military Members

Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

Filing for U.S. Citizenship can be a long, complicated process but the benefits are worth it. Know that USCIS will reinvestigate your immigration history. You will be questioned about all trips abroad, so it is important that you come prepared with the documentation that will support why you left the US. Above all else, be truthful to USCIS, if any fraud is detected, not only will USCIS deny your citizenship application but you could be stripped of your green card and deported.

Family Services

Spouse, Fiancé, Children, Parents, Siblings

  • F-1: Unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 and over) of U.S. citizens, and their minor children, if any. (23,400)
  • F-2: Spouses, minor children, and unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 and over) of LPRs. At least seventy-seven percent of all visas available for this category will go to the spouses and children; the remainder is allocated to unmarried sons and daughters. (114,200)
  • F-3: Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children. (23,400)
  • F-4: Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years of age. (65,000)

Education Visas


Our higher education system is one of the things that makes America exceptional. For foreign national students wishing to come to the United States to obtain higher education, there are three types of visas, the F1 visa, J1 visa and M1 visa. The F1 and J1 visa have the added bonus of allowing you to work in the U.S while you study. The M1 visa does not allow for employment.

Deportation Defense


Certain victims of crimes who are helpful in an investigation of the crime may apply for U visa status and obtain work authorization in the United States.

If the U visa is approved, removal proceedings can be terminated. In some circumstances, removal proceedings can be administratively closed while the U visa is pending.

Investor Visas


USCIS administers the Immigrant Investor Program, also known as “EB-5,” created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors. Under a pilot immigration program first enacted in 1992 and regularly reauthorized since, certain EB-5 visas also are set aside for investors in Regional Centers designated by USCIS based on proposals for promoting economic growth.

Employment Based


First: Priority Workers
Second: Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability
Third: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers
Fourth: Certain Special Immigrants
Fifth: Employment Creation

Work Visas

H1b, l1-b, o-visa, p-visa

The H1B visa classification permits a foreign national to work in the United States for a temporary period. It is available for offers of employment that are in a specialty occupation*. A person may hold H1B status for a maximum of six years, and it may be issued in increments of up to three years by the USCIS. An employee may receive extensions of H1B status beyond six years in certain circumstances, if they are in the process of applying for employment-based permanent residence (commonly referred to as the “green card”).


1-601A, 212(I), 212(H), 212(C)

Applicants for U.S. green cards who are afraid to leave the U.S. for their consular visa interview because they might be blocked from return based on their past time spent in the U.S. unlawfully can apply for a “provisional waiver” (also known as a “stateside waiver”) of this unlawful presence ground of inadmissibility.


extraordinary ability, national interest waiver

Applying for a green card typically requires having a job offer from a US sponsoring employer. However, the green card through self-petition category does not require the applicant to have a job offer from an employer.